Self Storage Units at Avalon Storage in Redding CA
Avalon Storage – State of the Art Self Storage Facility
When you need to declutter your basement, or relocate to a smaller residence, bring your extra gear to Avalon Storage. We are family owned and operated, and we have plenty of room. So, pile your seasonal decorations and old furniture into one of our spacious units. Whatever your needs, we have your self storage needs covered.
If you’re looking to store something larger, Avalon caries a wide variety of storage sizes. We even maintain an outdoor storage area for Boats and RVs. While some storage facilities have tiny access roads and cramped lots, we take pride in our spacious facility. You no longer need to fight for room.
Give us a call. We’ll walk you through the available storage options, and equip you with everything you need to make packing and storing a painless experience. Or drop by our convenient location off of Airport Road. It’s close enough for you to pop over on your lunch break, and far enough to avoid downtown traffic. Come by, we love visitors.
Whether you need a short- or long-term lease, we’ve got your back. Whether it’s personal or business, we’ll take care of your needs. You supply a padlock and key (or purchase one from us), and we’ll take care of the rest. Easy access. Phenomenal service. That’s Avalon Storage.
Storage Unit Sizes & Pricing
|5 x 10||$55.00|
|10 x 5||$60.00|
|10 x 10||$80.00|
|10 x 15||$100.00|
|10 x 20||$115.00|
|10 x 25||$130.00|
|10 x 30 - Double Door||$145.00|
|RV / Boat Storage||$55.00|
You wouldn’t lease a new car without first taking it out for a spin, would you? Why should leasing a storage unit be any different? Swing by and we’ll take you on a tour of our facility, so you can kick the tires and take her out for a test drive. Ask questions. Compare prices. We’re here to help. Below is a list of our self storage unit sizes and prices. RV, Boat and Mini Storage options are also available.
Call Avalon Storage today to find out about our available Self Storage Units 530-221-1321!
Avalon Storage Advantages
- 50+ video cameras cover entire property
- Perimeter lights ring the grounds
- Concrete walls enclose the entire facility
- Individual alarms protect every storage unit
- Clean facility with daily maintenance
- Secure passcodes guard both gates
- Reservations grant after-hour access
- Conveniently staffed office hours
Types of Self Storage
- Drive-up Storage Units
Say goodbye backaches! No tight corners to navigate. No long corridors to traverse. With Avalon Storage, you drive directly from gate to storage and unload at your door. No muss, no fuss. Simple. Storing a vehicle? The same applies. Drive it up and back it in. Think of us as your second garage – store what you need, when you need.
- Extra-Large Units with Double Doors
Need frequent access to your storage unit? Or maybe you’re simply tired of crawling over your holiday decorations and around old furniture to reach your fishing gear tucked against the back wall. In either case, your worries are over. Our extra-large units come with both front- and rear-entry doors. Packing and unpacking has never been easier. Now you have unobstructed access to the rear of your unit whenever you need it. You’ll be in and out in a flash, leaving you plenty of time to race home for Game of Thrones.
Why should I use self storage?
Gone are the days of the McMansion. We no longer have space to host family reunions in the living room and park four cars in our garage. We’re lucky if we get one! Possessions swell as houses shrink. That’s the era we live in. And modern times call for modern measures: outsource your storage. Let Avalon take care of your needs.
Can you say spring cleaning? Time to beat the dust from the curtains and scour the barbeque grill. Load up those quilts hiding under your bed and the coats crammed in your closet. Oh, and don’t forget all those hand-crafted gifts from your kids when they were little. Box ‘em up. Drop ‘em off. They’ll be here when you need ‘em.
A smaller office. A smaller home. Downsizing requires better organization: a rock-solid floorplan, additional shelves, and prudent placement of the random assortment of gear you lugged over from your last place. Squeeze in what you can and bring the rest to us. We have room, and we like to share.
Boating in Botswana? Or maybe you’re finally taking that round-the-world cruise you’ve been planning the last 20 years? Give yourself peace of mind. Keep your belongings secure back home, so you can forget about obligations and enjoy your trip. Even if it’s only for a short while.
Limited budget. Limited space. Retirement means recognizing your limits and rethinking your priorities. Whether than means inviting your grandkids over after school, or taking up new hobbies, you need to make room for this new chapter in your life. Sometimes that requires tangible changes, such as cleaning the garage, stowing memorabilia, or moving. Whatever your circumstances, we’re here to help. Bring us what you can no longer fit. We’ll save room for you.
Whether storing office files or consignment goods, every business needs extra space. Off-site storage provides an inexpensive solution. Dropping off a carload of boxes? Our Mini Storage will suffice. Unloading an 18-wheeler worth of office equipment and furniture? Try one of our extra-large, double door units. Choose a unit that gives you plenty of room to maneuver and a clear path to access your frequently used items. Remember, it’s a tax write off.
Tips for Packing Your Storage Unit
Avoid common mistakes. Use these 5 simple tips to stay organized and keep your belongings secure.
- Walk. Leave a walkable pathway through your belongings, so you can easily access items tucked against the back wall. If you don’t have enough room for a path, consider a larger unit, or one with double doors.
- Stack. Stack chairs seat to seat. Wrap your couch in plastic and place it on its side. Pad each consecutive layer of furniture with blankets to protect from scratches. Heavier items go on the bottom; lighter, on top. And don’t forget to use all the available vertical space. Plan out your project. Map out the space. And always keep in mind the size and weight of heavy or awkward items, such as lawnmowers and loveseats.
- Wrap. Purchase plastic mattress covers and wrap up your mattresses tight. Then head over to your nearest Lowes or Home Depot and purchase an industrial size roll of saran wrap. Wrap anything that scratches (dining room chairs, coffee tables, etc.) then wrap anything that tears (leather couches, fabric pillows, etc.) Anticipate the extra stress that cramped quarters and exposure to the elements may have on your items.
- Shelve. Shelving provides extra vertical support and organization. We recommend free-standing metal shelves which you can purchase from Amazon or your local Home Depot. Keep box labels visible on both the top and front sides. Write in large lettering using a magnum-size permanent marker, so you can see your descriptions in dim light from across the room.
- Protect. Don’t store food. It attracts pests. Don’t store combustibles. They ignite in extreme temperatures. If you rent a ground level unit, store valuable items on wooden pallets. Floods, though rare, can seep into units and destroy property. Think smart and prepare for the elements.
Additional Instructions for Bicycles
- Clean it. Use a soft sponge with a mild soap to wipe down the frame, seat, tires, and handlebars. Next degrease the chain. Then apply lubricant to the chain and all the cables. This step is essential to keep your essential bicycle parts from oxidizing.
- Inflate tires. Proper inflation keeps rubber tires from creasing and cracking. Recheck tire pressure every two months. Re-inflate as needed.
- Store in a bicycle box. You can find these at your local bike shop. The box protects your bike from scratches and dings, and streamlines its otherwise cumbersome shape. No more tripping over stray pedals. Disassembly is required, so bring proper tools and packing material. If you have questions, ask your local bike mechanic for assistance.
- Helmet goes in a separate box. Keep it out of the way. Once dented, the structural integrity is no longer guaranteed. Many warranties cover a free replacement. If your warranty doesn’t cover it, purchase a new helmet right away. Safety first!
- Be conscious of the elements. If you store your bicycle in a humid environment, the leather will mildew. Prevent this by wrapping seats, handlebar tape and grips in industrial saran wrap. If you store your bicycle in blistering heat, the paint will bubble and rubber will crack. So, ensure your bicycle rests well away from walls receiving direct sunlight. Safeguard your gear, so it’s in the same shape coming out as when you put it in.
We want to make your move quick and easy. If you have any questions please call us today at 530-221-1321, or drop by for a private tour of our facility.